October 28, 2015
Dear participants and service providers,
JPC is making changes to better serve you. These changes are focused on offering evidence based programs and intensive supports to fewer participants. We are continuing to serve former participants and we are currently accepting a limited number of new participants.
If you have a criminal record that is impeding your job search and have been released from incarceration you may call Sue Porter 325-7727 to make inquiries about the services you need. You may also qualify for one of the following enhanced programs:
- Legal Action Project in partnership with Legal Assistance of Western New York (LAWNY)
- Legal Action Project for Women in partnership with LAWNY, several new components and incentives have been added
Both of the above programs include:
- RAP sheet summary
- Preparation of an application for a Certificate of Relief/Good Conduct (required for workers in health care, human services, child care, teaching and beyond)
- Ex-offender advocacy for your employment rights
- Employment Workshop and free 50 page manual
- Referrals to re-entry lawyers or a variety of other service providers
All who are returning from incarceration are welcome to attend our Monday Night workshop held the first and third Monday night of each month, a hot meal is provided at 4:30. From 5 PM until 6 PM a guest speaker will introduce you to training, education and employment resources that will help you reach your career goals. You may also request to be registered to attend our Employment Workshop.
If you are incarcerated at the Monroe Correctional Facility and are interested in applying to either of the following programs:
- New Journey Program
- Intensive supports for women with children age 12 and below, Monroe Correctional Facility write to Sue Porter at the above address or contact Pat Williams McGahee, Counselor, Monroe Correctional Facility, MCF.
- Mentoring Program
- Mentors will offer you guidance and linkages to a wide variety of Rochester employment and training resources, write to Valerie White Whittick at address listed above.
Sue Porter, Ex. Director